The Children, Young People and Families Partnership works to ensure our services across the partnership enable “Our children and young people to have the best start in life and that Perth and Kinross will be the best place in Scotland to grow up”
The Partnership’s workplan is set out in the Tayside Plan for Children, Young People and Families 2017-2020. This is the first joint plan to be produced by the three Community Planning areas of Angus, Dundee and Perth and Kinross. It reflects shared leadership towards multi-agency cross-border collaboration in the planning, management, commissioning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of services to children, young people and families. It also reflects a shared and longstanding commitment to implementing Getting It Right for Every Child (GIRFEC).
The Partnership will work together to strengthen families and improve the lives and the long-term life chances of all our children and young people. As partnership, we are very aware of the economic climate and budget pressures in the development and delivery of services. We also recognise the significant contributions the Third Sector makes in providing support to children. All actions in the plan aim to make the best use of available resources by targeting them towards our shared priorities.
The Partnership’s key areas of focus are to:
- Reduce inequalities and disadvantage
- Protect the most vulnerable from harm
- Take the right action to prevent needs arising in the first place
- Provide the right support to meet needs at the earliest appropriate time
- In line with GIRFEC, Deliver individualised, proportionate and whole family based support
- Provide services which are joined-up and consistent
- Involve children, young people and parents in the design of services
Related Strategic Objectives:
Perth & Kinross Community Health Partnership
Perth and Kinross Children, Young People and Families Partnership – Partnership’s Minutes