The Community Justice Third Sector Forum for Perth and Kinross was set up in September 2016. The forum is made up of third sector organisations that have an interest in Community Justice services in Perth and Kinross. It seeks to encourage communication, participation and collaboration between Third Sector organisations and strategic partners within the field of community justice.
The Community Justice Third Sector Forum is developing alongside the Community Justice Partnership. In these initial stages, it is acting as a voice for the Third Sector within the Community Justice Partnership as it develops.
The Community Justice Partnership replaces the Community Justice Authority and establishes a new model for the local governance and delivery of Community Justice. The statutory partners for community justice are:
- Chief Constable of Police Scotland
- Health Boards
- Integration Joint Boards for Health and Social Care
- Local Authorities
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Scottish Ministers (i.e. Scottish Prison Service, Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service)
- Skills Development Scotland
Under the Community Justice (Scotland) Act 2016 the Statutory Partners are required to:
- focus on improving community justice outcomes locally
- publish a community justice outcomes improvement plan
- publish a Participation Statement on their engagement with third sector and communities as part of the community justice planning process
- review plans periodically
- take account of the National Strategy for Community Justice when developing their plan and the Local Outcomes Improvement Plan (LOIP) when developing their own plan
- annually report progress against the plan using the national outcomes for community justice outlined in the National Performance Framework
The longer-term aim of the Forum is to build relationships with organisations working in Community Justice in Perth and Kinross, as well as to coordinate the services provided by the third sector organisations working in the field. The Forum also provides a way for third sector organisations to share information with each other and with Community Planning Partner organisations. Members of the forum who attend meetings change depending on expertise and interest in agenda items. The Forum is supported by the Third Sector and Volunteering Hub managed by PKAVS; Perth and Kinross’ Third Sector Interface.
Community Justice Third Sector Forum- Hub website.
The National Strategy for Community Justice sets out the Scottish Government’s vision for Community Justice and the role of the Community Planning Partnership in it.