- Attainment at Perth and Kinross schools continues to build on already high levels of performance.
- At First, Second and third levels of Curriculum for Excellence there are long term improvements in pupils making very good progress across the key areas of reading, writing, mathematics and numeracy and listening/talking.
- Our young people achieve high standards in National Examinations and achievement measures.
- School attainment amongst looked after young people is lower than the wider pupil population.
- A higher number of pupils are identified as having Additional Support Needs when compared to the Scottish average.
- The numbers of 16-19 year olds in employment, education or training was 93.1% in 2017, which is higher than the Scottish average.
- Youth Services and Secondary Schools offer the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme to young people. The uptake of this is amongst the highest in Scotland.
- On average people living in Perth and Kinross hold more qualifications than the average person in Scotland.
- In 2016/17 the Adult Literacy Partnership delivered 2,846 literacies sessions in English for Speakers of Other Languages.
- Digital learning and connectivity are particularly important for us because of the large geography and areas of low population density in Perth and Kinross.
Perth and Kinross is home to 67 Primary Schools and 4 all-through schools
Below is a table of leaver destinations and school attainment. Each school has a virtual comparator to show how the school is expected to perform based on results. The comparator takes into account factors such as deprivation so schools performance can be analysed.
|Posative Leaver Destination||Literacy and Numeracy level 4|
|Result (%)||Comparator (%)||Result (%)||Comparator (%)|
|Blairgowrie High School||94||93||90||93|
|Crieff High School||84||89|
|Kinross High School||97||95||92||94|
|Perth High School||96||96||89||92|
|Community School of Auchterarder||88||95||79||93|
|Pitlochry High School||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|St John RC Academy||93||89||85||80|